After four successful weeks following the principles of Slimming World it is time to choose a new diet for my 12 months, 12 diets experiment. As I have been doing so well on Slimming World, and because I have finally plucked up the courage to join my local Slimming World group, I wanted to find something that I can do along side this plan. Therefore, I have chosen weight loss hypnotherapy which, according to ‘the internet’ is a talking therapy involving hypnosis which focuses a clients’ imagination and subconscious to help bring about positive changes to their thoughts, feelings or behaviour.
I have chosen to use an app called ‘Virtual Gastric Band Hypnosis‘ which is provided by Sue Peckham and James Holmes who have featured on Channel 4’s ‘How to Lose Weight Well’ and in the UK Press.
Designed as a 12 week programme participants are encouraged to live by the following rules:
- Adopt ‘Mindful Eating’ practices:
- Eat what you want NOT what you can.
- Eat whenever you are physically hungry, every time you are physically hunger but only when you are physically hungry,
- Eat SLOWLY.
- As long as you even think you are no longer hungry STOP eating.
- Listen to a daily hypnosis session (the session you listen to changes as you progress).
- Photograph each of your meals each and every day and upload them to the app.
- Drink plenty of water.
As well as the app there is a Facebook support group and a Podcast which currently has 17 episodes, I do love listening to Podcasts so this is a real draw for me.
I will explore the app over the next few days and start using the hypnotherapy sessions and report back soon.
Wish me luck!